Three hungry girls looking for something else to do.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Megan's Personal Bio



I am a 28 year old mother of two if you count my husband. Married 6 years. Baby girl that's two years. I've always struggled with being the chunky kid. Fast food has been my demon since that first happy meal. Its never really bothered me til now. After having my baby I've developed a more pronounced pouch belly. I spend most of my time at home. Whats that mean? I eat most of the time too. I've regained the weight I lost after having my baby. My clothes are tight. Which doesn't help with being self conscious. So with all this being said, I have decided to make a change in my life. For one to make myself to feel better, to be healthy. I want to teach my daughter to eat better as to not repeat the same habits. And of course to fit into those jeans sitting in the back of the closet. Or better yet forget those jeans, I want new ones in a smaller size.

Right now I weigh in at 187. My height is 5'3". My pants size is 14/16. 14 tight 16 comfortable. Can't find my tape measurer but when I do I will post that too. My ultimate goal is to weigh a healthy weight for my height. Which is around 130. I haven't been that size since I was like 14... My immediate goal is to lose 10% of my body weight within 3 months. That's 18-19 pounds.

My friends and I are making this blog to track our progress, share our stories of achievement and struggle, and to hopefully give others some tools and encouragement for their own weight loss. Hopefully we will each be able to post a blog a week expressing our overall feelings in our experience. Since we all come from different walks of life and have different obstacles to overcome it should make for an interesting read. Please look forward to weekly meal plans and exercise ideas.

We are going to be using weight watchers as our main diet plan. If you can't afford this program its okay. Simply track what you eat to hold yourself accountable. There are tools online to do this or even apps on your phone or simply pull out the old piece of paper. Make sure you use proper portion control and eat healthy foods instead of junk. If you really want to follow weight watchers there are ways online of figuring out your points total and calculators too. Ultimately exercise and tracking will get you the results. If possible build a support group with your friends and family to keep you motivated.

Another way to cope with the loss of junk food will be crafting. You may see a bunch of posts of all the nifty things we make to pass the time. If you have any inspiring ideas please feel free to share with us. We can use all the motivation possible.

I want to thank everyone who reads this and hope that you will stick with me through this journey. Give me encouragement when I am down and praise for my triumphs. As always happiness is the main accomplishment. Hopefully I can reach that no matter what size or weight I am.


                                                                                                                             Written By:
                                                                                                                            Megan Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment